Brand: John Boos
- This sophisticated cutting board measures 20 inches long, 14 inches wide and 1.5 inches Thick and features curved edges
- Reversible: this cutting board can be used on either side. One side of the cutting board features a deep juice groove/juice well, the reverse side has a completely smooth and flat cutting surface
- Cutting board features classic edge grain construction and is made from sustainably sourced, hand selected solid Northern Maple Wood
- All John Boos cutting boards and butcher blocks are proudly made in the USA by skilled craftspeople, John Boos is proud to offer a one year Guarantee against defects in workmanship and materials
- Antimicrobial: John Boos Northern Hard Rock Maple contain naturally occurring enzymes that kill bacteria. (Mechanical Science and Engineering research Study, 2019, U of Illinois). Regular application of Boos Oil and cream provide an additional barrier, forcing bacterial fluids to bead up and reduce interaction time with the board.
- Care/Warranty: John Boos offers a 1 year guarantee against defects in workmanship and materials. To care for your Boos Board: hand wash and dry (NOT dishwasher safe). Apply John Boos Mystery Oil regularly, more often in dry climates and when the board is brand new. Use John Boos Board Cream to seal the wood surface after applying Mystery Oil. Oil and Cream sold separately.
- The Professional Choice: Often imitated, Boos Boards and blocks are the preferred cutting surfaces of top chefs and restaurants around the world
- Safe for fine cutlery: Wooden cutting boards are easier on knives than plastic boards (which can dull knives more quickly)
Details: Measuring 20 inches long, 14 inches wide and 1.5 inches thick, this curved cutting board is a highly versatile cutting surface. This genuine John Boos cutting board has been made from hand selected, sustainably harvested Northern hard Rock Maple Wood and features classic edge grain construction. This cutting board is reversible: both sides can be used for chopping, cutting, slicing, carving and more. One side features a deep juice groove/juice well to collect carving juices and prevent spills on your counter or tabletop. The reverse side is a completely flat, smooth cutting surface- perfect for breads, vegetables and more. Don’t let this board’s good looks fool you- all John Boos boards and Boos blocks have been designed for durability and are favored by professional chefs. Since 1887, every genuine John Boos cutting board and butcher block has been proudly made in Effingham, Illinois by skilled craftspeople using time honored techniques. Today, USA made John Boos boards and blocks are used and loved in commercial and home kitchens worldwide. Often imitated, John Boos is internationally known for crafting American hardwoods into products of beauty, durability and function. Simple board care can ensure this heirloom, handcrafted board is a favorite in your kitchen for years to come. Every John Boos board and block comes with a food safe natural oil finish that helps protect the wood during transit. Once a month, apply an even coat of John Boos Mystery oil (NSF approved, sold separately), and allow it to soak in overnight. Repeat this process more often when the board is brand new and “thirsty,” or if you live in a dry, arid climate. John Boos recommends applying John Boos board cream (also sold separately) to seal the top of the wood surface after applying the Mystery oil. A few quick minutes of regular oil application will ensure your new board is properly seasoned, and ready for work! After use, wash board with warm, soapy water (all wooden cutting boards are not dishwasher safe and should not be soaked in water). John Boos cutting boards and John Boos blocks carry a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty against defects in workmanship and materials.
Package Dimensions: 20.6 x 16.0 x 2.3 inches